Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Thing 16

After exploring the different resources I did not realize that there were so many different wikis. I only knew of Wikipedia (I've only used it once or twice but found the information pretty much true) so it interesting to see different uses for it. The only thing that I could see a concern for if someone posted something on a subject that maybe really only an opinion and not nearly as true as it should be. That could end up not being useful for another person if they are using that Wiki as a research tool. What I did find interesting for me was the Book Lovers Wiki. After reading the information I think its neat that they encourage people place give book reviews, rate the books and they could be entered into drawings to win prizes. I think this is a wonderful insentive to get people to read and share their thoughts.

No comments: